[TYPO3-translators] Translation of FLOW3 packages in Pootle

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at ttree.ch
Thu Oct 25 18:31:05 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-18 11:23:55 +0000, Karsten Dambekalns said:

> Hi.
>
> On 11.10.12 12:43, Dominique Feyer wrote:
>> Here you have a test projet for TYPO3.FLOW3 (project need to be renamed):
>>
>> http://translation.typo3.org/fr/TYPO3.FLOW3.FLOW3/
>
> Ok, but why does it not show up on the homepage of
> http://translation.typo3.org/?

Because this is currently in DEV mode, so I don't wont to have too much
contribution if we broken something before the final configuration is
done.

> And on my dashboard?
> https://skitch.com/k-fish/e2tje/skitched-20121018-130758
>
> How do I get to a projects administration page? Shouldn't there be a
> link somewhere?

What do think by Administration page ?

Language admin:
http://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.FLOW3.FLOW3/admin.html

Permissions:
http://translation.typo3.org/projects/TYPO3.FLOW3.FLOW3/permissions.html

> This is confusing - why does it say the translations are missing?
> https://skitch.com/k-fish/e2tju/skitched-20121018-131038 Even after I
> "submit" the strings, nothing changes…

Because the Fuzzy checkbox is enabled, Fuzzy, in Pootle terminology is
used to mark a string as not correct or must be reviewed. A fuzzy
string is not "translated" (in the stats)

>> We can not use GIT directly. We have only a subdirector in Pootle, but
>> you can retreive the XLIFF files, via HTTP:
>>> Do you think that you can do a sort of build script to run before
>> release to get all the translation updated ?
>
> I'm sure we can build something. There is a way to download an archive
> of files from Pootle, but it seems to be one file per language. Is there
> some REST API to see what translations are available?

No REST Api in Pootle currently

> How is the process for current TYPO3 extensions?

The current Core and TER language pack are build by a shell script
(converting XLIFF to LLXML, building package, …) and the TER retrieve
the files with rsync.