[TYPO3-translators] Korean translation status

Andreas Becker cocopapa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:29:42 CEST 2012

Hi Joerg

It is like I said. If there is nothing than there is simply nothing. There seems not to be any translation to korean until now. Best what you could is actually to start the Korean translation or find (sponsor) someone doing it for the community.

It could be that some extensions or even parts of the core have been translated i.e from someone who uses TYPO3 in Korea and dont provide this translation for the community. I guess it wont be easy to find someone like this.

So your only solution will be to start the translation yourself. we did same for Thai even there had been a very small old thai translation available. Translating TYPO3 is not so difficult but takes a whole lot of time!!! This is usually also a job of our interns from local universities to do. But as said it takes a lot of time and our experience is unfortunately that there is not much support from others which need the same language. Since the new translation Server is working this point thought to be improving but we cant see any differences than before to be honest.

And be aware - a translation will never be finished as with every new release or update also of extension labels might have been changed or edit. Another problem is that -so our experience- people who never worked with TYPO3 before have problems to understand some of the default texts. Even they have a programming background. On the other hand real translators have similar problems as a translation turns out perhaps to be translated (every word) but you cant find anything etc. as the terminology is none TYPO3.

But it is worth doing it!

Until when would you need the backend translated into Korean?
What Extensions do you need in Korean?

This might help to find people who have translated TYPO3 parts private or locally and are willing to share. Give it a try. You could also contact directly a TYPO3 Developer or Agency in Korea as they perhaps -hopefully - will know if someone has a Korean translation from there Usergroup ( if existing)

Good luck

Andi

Sent from my iPad