[TYPO3-translators] powermail 2

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Aug 10 13:17:41 CEST 2012

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> At the moment the update script is not fully functional meaning I had to
> do quite some boring manual work but this could be automated. It's not
> easy though to know whether to keep or not old files. In case of
> refactoring you might want to remove old stuff. You can always do that
> manually in the interface as an admin of your extension but it's really
> not funny to click on the numerous languages to manually manage files ;-)

I think for safety reasons, we should not delete files unless requested by
the extension author.
I fear the number of extensions that actually delete old translation files
are smaller than the ones that do this accidentally. I am in strong favor to
ask twice before deleting something.

But that is up to you and how difficult it is to maintain.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!