[TYPO3-translators] powermail 2

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Aug 9 15:55:52 CEST 2012

Hi Xavier ,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> Hi Philipp,
>
>>> Just did it, actually I guess I found a trick to keep what was
>>> translated in the previous version.
>>
>> Would that trick also work for the core? Or is it more sort of a hack?
>
> No, the trick here is simply that in version 1.6.x the files were at
> root whereas they are now moved to Resources/Private/Language
> (Extbase-like). I simply kept the old files as well for existing
> translations.

A thanks. That is of course a working solution. This might be handy for
other rewritten extensions as well.
Does this need to be triggered by hand can this be automated (to never
delete files even if they do not exits any more)?

Thanks for all the work you are doing for the translation server!

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!