[TYPO3-translators] Some questions

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:44:48 CEST 2011

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2011, at 22:28, Dominique Feyer <dominique.feyer at reelpeek.net> wrote:

> Marcus Schwemer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as already mentioned I will hold a talk at the TYPO3 Camp in Munich next
>> weekend. I have got some questions regarding the translation.
>>
>> Pootle:
>>
>> - Is it possible that translations for extensions can be approved only
>> by the extension author or a some other authorized account?
>
> In theory, yes, but does the author know chinese and swedish ? I think
> that the author doesn't have to knowledge to check every langugae.
>
> But we can set particular rules for any extension. With per exemple a
> private team for a specific extension. Or a custom admin for the
> extension. But this will have a huge cost in term of administration of
> the permissions in Pootle.
>

>> -

This would put the TYPO3 Translation Server ad adsurdum. forget about restrictions. if this is the case people will stop to deliver their translations for public. We need no censorship on Poodle!

If there is a better way to trans late something the one who requests a better translation can ask the specific language admin to ad him or her.

If an extension developer isnt ok with a translation of his file he already can do the same. no need for more rules and regulations. The extension developer has already the chance to add all 42 TYPO3 Translations (perhaps more) before he publishes the extension in TER.

Andi