[TYPO3-translators] Mistakes in german felogin translation

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Wed Nov 23 20:57:03 CET 2011

Hi Xavier,

we just discovered that inside the xml-files which are still used for
4.5 the linebreaks are removed too and thus an update of the translation
will break all extensions which are using mailtemplates inside the
translations (e.g. felogin).
Are the xml-files generated out of the xliff files?

Best regards

ingo
> Hi,
>
>> In Pootle I noticed that for these multi-line texts extra whitespace is
>> also removed, so I am really curious how it will end up in the xliff is
>> the text is edited.
>>
>> The email text are a very special case, because the first line is used
>> as subject, the rest as mail body. If extra whitespace is removed the
>> entire mail may end up in the subject...
>
> Just for your information, we will analyze this this afternoon and
> hopefully have a solution very soon.
>
> Stay tuned: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/31109
>
> Thanks for reporting

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung