[TYPO3-translators] mbviralmail

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at os2voice.org
Tue Mar 29 16:47:38 CEST 2011

Am 29.03.2011 11:33, schrieb Andreas Becker:

Hi Andreas,

> *Another question.*
> *
> *
> *The German, Japanese and some other language translations are often not
> available after Extensions get updated and we would like to download the
> translations for the newest version. Is there some kind of policy how
> frequent Extensions should be updated on the translation server?*
> *As we can only access the Thai Translation we have absolute no influence on
> how translations occure in other languages. Do you have any advice how we
> could speed up the process until the newest translations are also available
> i these languages*

- Find a way to increase spare-time and motivation of the current
volunteer translators. As for motivation, a better infrastructure could
be helpful. At the moment, finding the changes eats up a lot of time.

- Find somebody else with more time and motivation than the current
volunteer translators.

- Pay somebody to do the work.

Personally, I've pretty much stopped contributing except for the core
system. I'm working full-time as a web developer and after a day with
TYPO3, I'd rather not spend my spare-time on it too.

Christian