[TYPO3-translators] Local Translation Tool for Core and Ext-Devs

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Aug 31 02:43:02 CEST 2011

Hi Marcus

Why you not extend virtaal with the functionality you think is missing or
working wrong.
Who is using Mac? perhaps some - like me but I have also ubuntu and win7
available and installed and work mainly on ubuntu actually.
but everybody could use the free Linux i.e. Ubuntu for translation ;-) -
with Parallels even on a Mac or on a Win 7 Computer (if there are still some
which use it not only for checking the display of websites in IE)
http://www.fsf.org/
And Virtaal works good on it.

Focusing in improving a Free Open Source Software Product with an extended
Version of this Free Open Source Software Product would stand TYPO3 much
better than supporting proprietary formats at first place.

Think also about the drawbacks what you could not add to "the new extension"
in comparison to what virtaal already provides.
Wouldn't it be great to have virtaal++ as an extended Version with complete
TYPO3 functionality? and perhaps working on a Mac

Andi