[TYPO3-translators] Local Translation Tool for Core and Ext-Devs

Dominique Feyer dominique.feyer at reelpeek.net
Tue Aug 30 20:08:03 CEST 2011

Marcus Schwemer wrote:
> What do you think?

Virtaal is a bit unstable now, but Virtaal offer some really great
feature (translation memory, automatic suggestion).

It's amaizing all the energy around TYPO3 translation but here my
question is why a Firefox extension ? What feature are missing in Virtaal ?

extdeveval offre LLXML to XLIFF conversion and the fresh "xliff"
extension (available in TER) offer backward compatibility for TYPO3 4.5
and earlier.

I think that we need one really important tool now, an automatic
extrator to extract label directly from code and build the english XLIFF
file (create, update, ...). After that I think that Virtaal (or other
commercial translation tools are enought for the translation process).
But maybe I'm wrong ?

++

Dominique