[TYPO3-translators] llxmltranslate: is that extension some kind of evil?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Wed Dec 29 14:02:21 CET 2010

ellou' Translators!

Is there any reason why EXT:llxmltranslate can't find its way from trunk
to repository as stable ext? In repo there is 4+ years old version 2.2.0
which is unusable since long time, what's more the trunk version is
'almost' working with its best feature - selecting the separate
extensions (what causes that the llxmltranslate can be rised at least to
2.3.0) and... nothing... it's still in trunk. That's not a problem for
me I can use SVN, however why can't it be just downloadable via standard
way ?

Other thing: also trunk version is outdated - there is simple patch to
implement in few seconds - http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5813 - which
has 12 months old solution. Why can't it be implemented to trunk (and to
repository after that) ?

And last thing, some time ago we created new server with 4.5 beta to
"get prepared" with Polish translation before official server was
updated. Now we have quite large progress - however there's unstable
Merge functionality even in trunk. OK, I understand - it requires time
and don't want be "nice guy" who loads new tasks to busy developers...
However also can't say to many guys who was working during last weeks,
that they have to start from beginning... I will start testing of these
issues, but, can I believe that somenone will implement required changes?

Will be appreciate for respons. Need to know what should I say to our
translators!

greetings!

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff