[TYPO3-translators] Is the translation replication broken ?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Aug 7 15:12:32 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Alban Cousinié wrote:
>> I have tested with different Typo3 installations on different customer's
>> servers and I can say for sure the problem is not local. My guess is the
>> data replication between the translation server and the translation download
>> repository is broken. Anyone can confirm this ?
>
> The issue is known for 2 years or so. I do not have access to typo3.org and
> cannot solve it. I contacted several people about it but nobody seem to be
> able to solve it either.
>
> I can't help.

Well, that is not exactly true.

Various people have found some things not being synchronized with the
mirrors correctly, but when it was then tested, it was mostly working
again, and at some point Sebastian had fixed something which made it
work again. At that point, also Ben had complained that it was not
working, but after the fix it was working for him again. So I don't
think it is of any help if you simply say "the issue is known for 2 years".

What is of more help, would be to know:
 - which TER mirror did you try with?
 - Could you also report if it works when using the main mirror from
   Punkt.de (ter.typo3.org)?
 - Would you know if translations for other extensions or, say, the
   core, are working for you, i.e. have more recent updates?
 - How long have you been waiting for the synch after you updated the
   translations on the translation server?

It is indeed a strange problem that seems to occur for some people at
some points, which it would be good to have tracked down, but it's not
like no synch at all had been functioning since 2 years.

cheers
Ingmar