[TYPO3-translators] "Inline" translation idea...

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Mon Jun 2 14:45:56 CEST 2008

Vladimir Shevnin skrev:
> Stig Nørgaard Færch пишет:
>> I have thought about a the possibility to translate extensions
>> "inline". The idea is that you go into a "extension translation mode",
>> so when you mouse is hovering over a text area, a box will open with a
>> field where you can type the translation of the selected language.
>> To do this we could wrap each text field(only in this translation
>> mode) with a span tag with a mouseover javascript function.
>>

> Superb! But i think this is too complex task...

Too complex for who? :-)
I actually don't think it would be that complicated.
Every time you get a text a method is called which returns the text in
the right language.
So my idea is to make this method wrap the text with a span tag with
some mouseover JS.
Something like this example:
http://www.willmaster.com/library/javascript/mouseover_div_swap.php
But either opening a new window for translating, or something cool AJAX
stuff(which I don't know much about yet).

> As a variant this could
> be realised as "screenshot" mode (in HTML) showing BE or FE without
> actual functionality.

I don't know what you mean without actual functionality - how would you
disable functionality?

/Stig