[TYPO3-translators] Proper way of translation

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 20 10:04:45 CET 2007

Hi!

Dreas van Donselaar wrote:
> If
> I want to add a language, I should translate the locallang.xml file and
> send it to the extension developer to include it in the next release.

In fact, you should send translations to one of translators because translations must go to language packs, not to extensions.

> However when I want to overrule a certain language string, I should do
> so from TS (and not edit the template or the locallang.xml).
>
> I tried to do this for the srfeuserregister extension but it does not
> seem to have any effect:
>
> plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.enter_account_info =
> Please enter your account details
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

This more belong to English list because concerns TypoScript...

May be this string directly exists in HTML template?

> We are using 6 languages on our website. Translating several tags this
> way in all 6 languages will result in quite a lot of TS code. We really
> like the l10nmgr Excel export extension and would somehow like to have
> our own translations (overruled tags) to be included in there. Is there
> a better way for us to proceed?

You can make a separate TS template for it and include it to your main template.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/