[TYPO3-translators] a list of translators at typo3.org

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat May 26 12:54:27 CEST 2007

hello

In the previous post Dimitry introduced a nice idea: "Currently
translation server has one user per language, which is wrong. It should
have one group per language and users should be included to that group."

And then he said: "Main problem will be to gather user information to
assign each user to language groups."

I think we could avoid gathering user infromation. I was thinking for a
while about that and this is my idea:

1. A script will create as much group as languages and assign existing
language user to that group (assign standard language user that exists
now at translation server).

2. A script will create actions "Create Backend User" with proper
"Assign action to groups:", "User prefix:", "Template user:" and "Groups
which may be assigned through the action:"

3. Translators will login through standard username for the country
(de,en,pl, etc.). They will go into "Task center" and create an account
for themselfs.

4. After while standard country user login maybe deleted.

5. A list of user assigned to group/country can be listed then at
typo3.org with theirs email so direct communication can be maintained
between existing translators and those who would like to get involved.

Can someone confirm that its technically possible? I am not very
familiar with advanced user managment in TYPO3 but I've checked "Create
Backend User" action and it works pretty well.

One more thing. I do not know how to make it technically but there
should be an check that will allow to inform that there is no need for
new translators. If there is a group of trusted translators and this
group can manage translation of the core well then a new translators are
only an danger that they will change something "his own way".  So at the
list of translators at typo3.org under each country there could be an
information "No more translators needed".

Is this a good concept?

Maybe you have your own ideas - please share it here. When we collect
them and will set common solution I would like to create a feature
request at bugtracker.

--
greetings
Krystian Szymukowicz