[TYPO3-translators] New Translation server

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Fri Mar 2 13:04:02 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" <9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1172826820.9926.typo3-translators at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> If you choose translation in EM, all Extension are listed (with check &
>> update)
>> All (non sys-)extensions are listed too and they have the status "Could
>> not fetch translation status"
>
> Hm-m-m... Not sure what this means, may be EM people can explain.

EM still looks for installed extensions and look if translation is
available - it doesn't matter, may be because the "missing concept"

>> I read several threads that language files should be delivered in future
>> with those language packs ( instead of the locallang ?)
>> Because I read a lot, but never found concrete Plans (also read: Kasper
>> wants to reorganize this, we'll wait for that) I only try to find out
>> what's the deal at the moment, which extension use this lang server, ...
>
> Yes, this is what Kasper told me too but the only thing he gave as a
> result was the transfer of the server to core team... I afraid he has no
> time for concepts... This is not good but it means we have to survive on
> our own with this...

ok - so now the core-team has the responsibility for translations ?
I see a common thing between
- TER (may be locallang should be transported to language server)
- EM (downloading the language pack)
- Translation Server (i think Ingmar is maintaining now ?)

Do you think that core-team will talk about on DDays in April ?

vg  Steffen