[TYPO3-translators] New Translation server

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Wed Feb 28 17:17:39 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" <9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1172668820.3729.typo3-translators at lists.netfielders.de...
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> But acutally I have to say I don't really know how the language
>> translation teams are organized.
>>
>> Anyone here who could explain it?
>
> There is a chief translator, who maintains password and gives it to those
> who want to become a translator. Only chief is allowed to change password.
> All translators for a given language work under the same name that
> corresponds to language code (de for German, ru for Russian, etc).
>
> I am not sure who does merge for language files (chief only or any
> translator) and how language packs are created.
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
>
> Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
> Skype: callto:liels_bugs
>
> "It is our choices, that show what we truly are,
> far more than our abilities." (A.P.W.B.D.)

Ah - thx for that explanations. Now is the question, who is Mister X ?
May be it's good to announce that so any people that want to help with
translations they know where to send or ask to be an active translator.

The other point is, what is with normal Extensions ? There are some sysext
using the "global" extensionfiles. The EM displays other extensions as well,
so i think it is planned to give the languages a central point ?

vg  Steffen