[TYPO3-translators] Info about new translations?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Dec 10 20:44:53 CET 2007

Hi!

Christian Hennecke wrote:
> Excuse me??? Suppose you decide to implement a project with TYPO3 and
> later find out that a required extension is not available in the
> language(s) you need. Guess what can happen to the time-frame and
> budget!

I know the answer. You spend a day or less translating extension.

>> Don't forget this is a open source community. It's impossible to
>> "overorganize" things like you do in a commercial project. So everyone in
>> the community does his work with individual responsibility. Communication is
>> the most important thing, and this is done here in this lists. Interested
>> people are reading and know whats going on.
>
> *blinks with disbelieve*
>
> #include <rant.h>
>
> Sorry, but this attitude is exactly what has kept Open Source Software
> from being taken seriously for ages. This is "shooting yourself in the
> foot" by alienating potential users and people who want to help, and
> wasting resources galore. What happened to me when I wanted to help
> translating is a prime example for this: Hard to find information on
> how to help, and then nobody reacts in this list when I first offered
> my contributions. I can tell you that I was *very* short of saying
> "Well, if you don't want help... I can think of more pleasant things to
> do..." Yeah, let's make it as hard as possible for people to use TYPO3
> and help. That will certainly help to bring it forward.

Rather long quote but... I have to agree with Steffen with a small correction that it should be not about open source community but about volunteered development. I wrote a big continutation but decided to erase it because I do not believe that it will lead to anywhere.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team