[TYPO3-translators] Info about new translations?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 10 00:31:14 CET 2007

Hi Christian,

"Christian Hennecke" <hennecke at pointblank-edv.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.4354.1197237074.14020.typo3-translators at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> It just came to my mind that I don't know how changes and additions to
> translations are announced to the public. Can somebody please fill me
> in?
>
> If there currently is no such "process," I think we need one:
>
> - Translators of extensions not on the translation server need to be
> informed about (changes to) the common vocabulary,

this should be organized by translators themselfes. The Wiki is the right
place to document it.

> - admins should know when new translations or improvements are
> available for the languages they use on their sites,

Why? They should update translations in EM from time to time.
Ok, this can be optimized in a way.

> - writers need to know if they need to update their books and articles,
published books are not changable. This is like all things in computer
world: screenshots are outdated very soon.

> - trainers need to know if something is available in their customers'
> language or they need to update their training material, and

trainers normally update there knowledge by doing or with new releases, i
don't see a need for this.

> - those responsible for selecting a suitable CMS for a project need to
> know if something is available in the users' language.

There is a overview in which lnguage translations exist, nothing more is
relevant.

Don't forget this is a open source community. It's impossible to
"overorganize" things like you do in a commercial project. So everyone in
the community does his work with individual responsibility. Communication is
the most important thing, and this is done here in this lists. Interested
people are reading and know whats going on.

vg  Steffen