[TYPO3-translators] global language components for extensions

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 3 23:00:18 CET 2007

"Michiel Roos" <michiel at netcreators.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1196691846.720.typo3-translators at lists.netfielders.de...
> Georg Leitner wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm a newby playing around with my first extensions. After reading the
>> manual and asking the german maillist one problem still exist. Perhaps
>> you translation-guys can hel me.
>>
>> I like to use flexform select-boxes using labels like yes|no|default or
>> hide|view|default etc.
>
> Hi Georg,
>
> Any progress on this issue? I am all for such an extension. I was thinking
> exactly the same after I saw that both 'commerce' and 'cal' use their own
> language labels for weekdays and address fields.
>
> I propose to make an extension called 'commonlabels' that has several
> language files that other extensions can load if needed.
>
> We clearly need:
> - address
> - ?
>
> We also need a clean description of 'how to handle' general labels already
> present in TYPO3 core extensions. I made a TODO item for this on the
> translation page, please help elaborate with nice code examples etc.
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Talk:Translations#TODO
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Michiel Roos

Hi Michi,

yes, ++1 for that.
I think the idea is not new but the big problem is the coordination to do
that.
WIKI could be a good step to get further.
We need general labels for eg
- Adress
- Money
- general actions (save/cancel ...)
- category-items (category/tree/single item/list ...)

these are some get up in my mind spontaneous, there will be more ...
There should be a (alphabetic sorted) list of english expression for each
category so adding expressions is simple.

Let's grow :-)

vg Steffen