[TYPO3-translators] global language components for extensions

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Dec 3 15:23:55 CET 2007

Georg Leitner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm a newby playing around with my first extensions. After reading the
> manual and asking the german maillist one problem still exist. Perhaps you
> translation-guys can hel me.
>
> I like to use flexform select-boxes using labels like yes|no|default or
> hide|view|default etc.

Hi Georg,

Any progress on this issue? I am all for such an extension. I was
thinking exactly the same after I saw that both 'commerce' and 'cal' use
their own language labels for weekdays and address fields.

I propose to make an extension called 'commonlabels' that has several
language files that other extensions can load if needed.

We clearly need:
- address
- ?

We also need a clean description of 'how to handle' general labels
already present in TYPO3 core extensions. I made a TODO item for this on
the translation page, please help elaborate with nice code examples etc.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Talk:Translations#TODO

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/