[TYPO3-translators] New extension static_info_tables_ga for galician language

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Aug 3 16:40:18 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner wrote:
> as I think abotu it... Dmitry do you think there's anything that speaks
> against having 4 letter ISO codes? like es-gl or de-de, de-ch, de-at
> en-us, en-gb ... ?

Actually, you are not the first who asks this question... But there is
an idea that  it should be implemented through overlays on main
language. I.e. fr-ca is not very different from fr-be and fr-ca. Same
en-gb and en-us. Thus it is not feasible to have completely different
translations for those variations. Instead each string can have a
variation for the specific dialect. This is how it is planned.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/