[TYPO3-translators] Extension Translation

Erik Svendsen (privat) erik at linnearad.no
Thu Mar 30 12:29:01 CEST 2006

Hi Kasper and all you wonderful TYPO3 people out there!

> Hi Translators.
>
> http://typo3.org/index.php?id=1388
>
> I have updated with a section about how extensions are generally
> supposed to be translated in the future!

Splendid! Could you post something about in on the dev list to (to get the
developers start using xml language files). I know there are some conversion
tools out there.

> In fact, the infrastructure is more or less in place, all we need is
> an extension manager that allows us to UPLOAD translations as well!
>
> When that Extension Manager feature is in place _ANYONE_ can suggest
> translations from their local TYPO3 installation. For some languages
> it will be relevant to keep control by allowing such
> contributions to
> enter an "inbox" from where they must be accepted or rejected by the
> translator team from this list. For other languages where the
> team is
> smaller it may be better to allow a more open approach.

Agree! Think this is the best approach. Expecially for extensions its when
you make use of it you need to make a translation. And it not necessary the
translators who are using the extensions. With this approach it easy to
share your work.

Ciao

Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no