[TYPO3-translators] I can be a translator!

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Jul 15 10:52:41 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 08:18:17AM +0200, Morten Egelund Rasmussen wrote:
> What should I do? -- Do I have to send the translations to the
> extension authors, from whom not everybody is available or is
> there any glorious online system available?

You might send them to respective authors and publish at some
location so that they're at least downloadable.

I've been collecting TYPO3 patches (a few most important and
less controversial/hackish of which have been submitted to
bugs.typo3.org), both done by me and others (usually back-
or forward-ported then).  Just in case, these are (slowly)
accessible at http://old.linux.kiev.ua/~mike/works/typo3/patches/

Hope this is temporary, since online translation mecganism
was one of the things that amazed me most with TYPO3
infrastructure.  I'd only propose to use personal logins
to be able to give proper credit to translators -- it's
all they get (short of localized websites) sometimes,
and credit seems to be one of a few working motivations
with free software.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>