[TYPO3-translators] hi everybody and newsgroup

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Feb 16 22:47:23 CET 2006

Stefano wrote
> so: anybody got any idea how we are going to transalte extensions,
> now that things changed a lot?

Hi,

I don't know how many participants is on this list ?
I see the problem is more complex; most of the developers are
coming from Germany or Denmark, they translate automatically
everything for their own needs and thus are not interested at all
other languages. This means that possibilities to do translations
for core and extensions will, personal estimate, take at least
6 months. Typo3, unfortunately, is not international application,
not even European, but mid-European. Allthough many key
persons speak nicely how they want to get broader audience
for Typo3 they are not actually think of other countries.

Luckily you can translate extensions for your own use by using
extension for local translations. But unfortunately you cannot
install extensions at the moment or at least in my environment.
So we cannot do anything, maybe test beta3 and document bugs.

Best regards,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara