[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC: #13873: TemplaVoila should use a docHeader as well (mod1)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Apr 5 20:25:34 CEST 2010

Hi Tolleiv,

Tolleiv.Nietsch schrieb:
> Hi,
> find v3 attached. I changed the smaller issues you found, in addition I
> changed the folder for the templates to "resources/templates".
>
> There are two templates now - first one (default) for the page-module
> itself. The second is for the "no access" pages.

much better :)
2 small issues:
1) i would use record list icon on the left side, it's also a new view
as the others, right side is far away for a mouse action
2) when create a new page, the new created page is opened after the
process. The page tree has the old page selected - here is a call
missing to beFunc:getSetUpdateSignal

> Some of your points need further dicussion:
>
> Am 31.03.2010 01:03, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> 2) create new content is irretating if having more containers. It
>> inserts the new record at first position in first found container.
>> Like classic page module there should be a selektor for which container.
>> Also it should be configurable if insert at first or last position of
>> container.
>
> Maybe we should leave it out in the docHeader - right now the behaviour
> is comparable to creating a new CE within the list-module were the
> placement is done trough the postDataMap hook.

i would say - remove it for now. i don't see a benefit. Also it may
irretating having two different create icons together.

>> 3) View is redundant as it also exists in header of page container.
>> Suggestion: move edit page to docheader and remove both in page
>> container.
>
> Nice catch - I fully agree - applied.

much better now!

>> 6) clear cache has wrong link, in my case
>> "http://tv.local.com/typo3conf/ext/templavoila/mod1/db_layout.php?id=&clear_cache=1"
>>

> Left it completely out for now, since it's redundant anyways - can be
> solved later.

it's an admin function though it's nice to have it. I think it should be
more prominent for editors to clear the cache of the edited page only
after changing content - clear all cache is often used but is not the
correct action.

> Looking forward to getting some more feedback.

here is my +1, let's discuss the minor things.

vg Steffen