[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC: #12812: Allow external beLayoutFile

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Nov 28 14:22:46 CET 2009

Hi Tolleiv,

Tolleiv.Nietsch schrieb:
> Just something else which came to my mind in regards to the beLayout.
>
> Obviously people like to change the layout of their page-module in
> several ways and due to the beLayout-feature that's possible in a more
> or less uncomfortable way.
>
> Having a "beLayoutfile" is a good idea but maybe we could try to make a
> bigger step into that direction for TV 1.5.
>
> I think (maybe for 1.5) we should try to extract the markup for the
> page-module (or at least for the content-area parts) into a template and
> a css file and provide a possibility to change both with some
> PageTSConfig (based on the choosen DS/TO combination).
>
> I know that this is a big task and I know that Dmitry has legitimate
> doubts when it comes to big visual changes, but on the other hand we see
> tons of extensions XCLASSing the page-module classes just for the
> purpose of small markup-changes and in addition maintaining the
> pagemodule markup isn't really fun.
>
> So I'd say we should keep the layout as it is but use template-files to
> render everything and provide some way to configure alternative
> template-files in addition.
>
> What do you think? Maybe that task is too big?

the idea is good. We have to make a feasability study of this. It's
really a big task and should be good prepared before starting it.

Also we should look to the TV extensions what they do and what people
want to do. If they have to XCLASS something, there is a missing option
or missing hook.

Up to this point i would like to ave this small improvement in.
I'm currently look to the possibility of using external files for DS.
There was only one problem with "new elements" and i like to get it
solved. Having these things in external files make it possible to use
svn through for customer projects which will be a great improvement.

Anyways we need to meet (virtual would be the best) to discuss next
steps and goals so we all go to the same direction.

vg Steffen