[TYPO3-team-templavoila] RFC: #12812: Allow external beLayoutFile

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Nov 28 14:12:47 CET 2009

Just something else which came to my mind in regards to the beLayout.

Obviously people like to change the layout of their page-module in
several ways and due to the beLayout-feature that's possible in a more
or less uncomfortable way.

Having a "beLayoutfile" is a good idea but maybe we could try to make a
bigger step into that direction for TV 1.5.

I think (maybe for 1.5) we should try to extract the markup for the
page-module (or at least for the content-area parts) into a template and
a css file and provide a possibility to change both with some
PageTSConfig (based on the choosen DS/TO combination).

I know that this is a big task and I know that Dmitry has legitimate
doubts when it comes to big visual changes, but on the other hand we see
tons of extensions XCLASSing the page-module classes just for the
purpose of small markup-changes and in addition maintaining the
pagemodule markup isn't really fun.

So I'd say we should keep the layout as it is but use template-files to
render everything and provide some way to configure alternative
template-files in addition.

What do you think? Maybe that task is too big?

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch