[TYPO3-team-templavoila] createNewRecord - Bug or design?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:57:47 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> there is a big difference between TV and classic with create a new CE
> record.
> In classic alt_doc is called with command NEW and record is only created
> when the record is saved.
> In TV the new record is created with the API and alt_doc is called with
> edit of this record.
>
> Is this a bug or by design? I know that some info is needed special for
> TV, but $destinationPointer could be  used inside NEW and the needed
> modification could be done after saving and returning to TV mod.

It is by design because element has to go to the proper column. Try using classic page module on the TV site: element will go to the default column only.

> It looks a bit odd to me if you want to create a record, and after form
> is shown you decide to cancel, but record "no title" is created and has
> to be deleted, which means "unlinked" and then unnecessary records are
> there without any sense.

I agree, this is not how it should work. I would still call alt_doc for "new" but pass extra data to specify a proper column.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.