[TYPO3-team-templavoila] createNewRecord - Bug or design?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Nov 15 22:37:12 CET 2009

Hi,

there is a big difference between TV and classic with create a new CE
record.
In classic alt_doc is called with command NEW and record is only created
when the record is saved.
In TV the new record is created with the API and alt_doc is called with
edit of this record.

Is this a bug or by design? I know that some info is needed special for
TV, but $destinationPointer could be  used inside NEW and the needed
modification could be done after saving and returning to TV mod.

It looks a bit odd to me if you want to create a record, and after form
is shown you decide to cancel, but record "no title" is created and has
to be deleted, which means "unlinked" and then unnecessary records are
there without any sense.

vg Steffen