[TYPO3-team-templavoila] TV dependency

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 16 10:39:31 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> It uses static languages for translation of pages and content elements.
> i now looked into and only reason seems to be using the ISOcode.
>
> But:
> It's also possible to define ISOcode in TS.
> If not available also the lang key could be used (it's even possible to
> extract it from flag). When i see it right it's mainly used for the
> lDEF/vDEF where DEF is the ISOcode.
>
> At the end i ask myself if the ISOcode and the langkey (en/de etc) would
> be better integrated in core in sys_language to not have dependency to
> the extension (which can be used additional for the additional infos),
> it looks like overhead to me. Even core can benefit of ISOcode and langKey

Much of the information in static info tables is pretty basic
information that should be available to the system anyway.
It could be put in an optional core extension, but there is always the
question which module must be part of the TYPO3 package and which is
optional?
Installation with dependencies is working great these days, so it
doesn't make it complicated for a user to install an extension which has
dependencies.

For performance it's best to have as little modules installed as
possible, but on the other hand you want a feature rich and complete
CMS. Perhaps the "basic core" package should be lean and contain only
the absolutely necessary parts, while the "complete + dummy" package is
bigger and includes also a series of not yet installed, often used
modules? Which is of course a completely different discussion.

Regards, Jigal.