[TYPO3-team-templavoila] TV dependency

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Nov 15 22:11:35 CET 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> without analyzing i just post this: why depends TV on static_info_tables?
>
> It uses static languages for translation of pages and content elements.

i now looked into and only reason seems to be using the ISOcode.

But:
It's also possible to define ISOcode in TS.
If not available also the lang key could be used (it's even possible to
extract it from flag). When i see it right it's mainly used for the
lDEF/vDEF where DEF is the ISOcode.

At the end i ask myself if the ISOcode and the langkey (en/de etc) would
be better integrated in core in sys_language to not have dependency to
the extension (which can be used additional for the additional infos),
it looks like overhead to me. Even core can benefit of ISOcode and langKey

vg Steffen