[TYPO3-team-templavoila] Unit tests on test-database - any suggestions? (#11173 )

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon May 25 09:03:04 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Tolleiv,
>
> i think it can be solved without a Test-DB in Live-DB. Why not creating
> new records with simply new uid?
>
> vg Steffen

Hi ~ why not just create a clean instant dummy-database ;)

I just don't feel very comfortable to run these tests on the Live-DB.
Usually you will run them only on a test /dev-system, but sometimes even
these test/ dev-systems hold some important data (maybe a client's
project 2 days before the launch and you just want to check whether the
last-minute fix you made was fine).
Technically I would agree and to just create new records with a few new
uids, but what if there's a fatal-error within the test execution? I'm
sure we all have seen these old records lying around in our system and
the way how our current tests solve this problem isn't very clean and
doesn't work very smooth.
Another problem is that if every test run's on it's own DB there's no
chance that they can have an effect on each other.

vg Tolleiv