[TYPO3-hci] Where to place the important warnings

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:32:29 CET 2009

My concern is that, as an admin, sometimes I do not log into a site
for several months at a time, unless the client calls to have
something changed or looked at. The one situation I can imagine is
that something changes, either a Typo3 system announcement, or
something knocked out of place by a webhost rolling back or changing
permissions or basically *anything* 3rd party not done by the editor
that could generate a system warning or alert. If that happened, now
we are in a situation where there IS an outstanding warning/notice,
but the editor won't see it and the admin won't necessarily log in for
months to come...

Whilst I see no reason to force such error messages into the face of
an editor, I think hiding them completely might be unwise. It may well
be good to allow the editor to review such notices so that they can
get in touch with their site admin to have them checked out.