[TYPO3-hci] Where to place the important warnings

Christopher christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Sat Feb 14 15:40:39 CET 2009

Hi guys,

these warnings are important, as they affect the security of the
installation.
They are important for the admin (at the moment they are also only shown to
him).
So they should be there in a way, so that the admin cannot miss them.

- In the install-tool, Steffen, I fear they are hidden to much. Noone will
see them there.
- Another icon for the about modules-module is a nice idea, but that also is
not eye-catching enough.
- Using a warning-button in the top-bar, which leads you to the about
modules-page (not another new page, please) is a good idea. I like it.

Or what do you think about the following:
- If there is a warning, TYPO3 should ignore which module the admin has
chosen as startup-module and on startup it should always show him the "about
modules"-module (with the warnings).
So he cannot miss the warnings, he cannot even forget the warnings, because
he is remembered on every log in.
And finally this behaviour is a bit annoying to make him change what is
needed. ;-)

If you like it, you don't even have to open a bugtracker-entry:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8134

Just do it!
(This or that way.)

Kind regards