[TYPO3-hci] Extended page/record lookup "window"

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Apr 8 20:22:52 CEST 2009

Hi to all,
attached is version 6 of besearch.
I think we really come closer to a presentable state right now.

Thanks for all your input, which I really tried to get in...

Georg Ringer schrieb:
 > - Get rid of the edit icon and set its link to the record icon
 > - Icon of the pid is not necessary but what really would be nice is to
 > be able to get with 1 click to the page in the BE.
 > - for the "search:" I am missing a label to the input field
 > - make the fields for the pageination bigger because the space is there.

The first three: all done
Last one: it's a t3skin Icon which is get through skinImage Function...
I don't think "it's my fault" :)

Steffen Müller schrieb:
 > There could be an exception for pure int+ search phrases. If the value
 > exactly matches a page ID, the page will be shown as result. This could
 > be done by a single DB request for page id which then would make use of
 > keys. DB load would be minimal.
 > The search field in the old pagetree could handle that and it was very
 > useful for me.

included! searching only for an integer value will search table pages
with uid=yourinput
Possibility to hit enter is limited upon one char... searching for
"blank" will result in thousands of records even in a nearly fresh
installation.

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
 > As an admin it is now possible to search for a page idea and to
 > search with a table like "<table>:<search>". This shouldn't go away
 > (unless I get the drop down).

included in current version <table>:<integer> will serach for record
with uid in this table, <table>:<text> will do the fulltext search
limited to this table.

Georg Ringer schrieb:
 > Site is
 > quite big but maybe you can still improve somewhere something?

I did. You may enable debug flag in class and there will be a
logging.txt in your fileadmin after search (resetted for every search).
I decreased the time amount of rendering in this version about 4 times
per found record, and 2 times overall html-rendering.
Please try

I added csh Items.
Still there is no TS configuration possibilities.

I would really like to see a css crack helping me "formatting" the
browser stuff...

As always: thanks to all for testing, and I'm awaiting your input.
Another hint: you must have installed the ext as sysext to get the
popupwindows working correctly...

Open question: Anyone who knows how to abort a running ajax request when
a new char is typed?

regards

Steffen