[TYPO3-hci] sysaction issue as discussed in core

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Mon Oct 20 23:51:05 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Uschis and Jenses and others :-)
>
> I don't know why but this was hot discussed in core list. So what is
> that about? Here a summaray of the issue
>
> What are sysactions?
> ====================
>
> sys_action is a system extension which extends the task center. It is
> one of the most useful extensions i know, so i highly recommend to check
> it out. A sys_action is somthing like a macro. After install switch to
> list view and go to the globe, create record "Action" and choose type:
> * Create Backend User
> * SQL-query
> * Record list
> * Edit records
> * New record
>
> You can prepare actions where the editor does exactly what you want
> without knowing sysfolder structure etc., go and play with it.
> Last but not least you find the actions in Taskcenter.
>
> What is the patch about?
> ========================
>
> The patch creates a toolbar menu for the created sys_action with
> one-click-access, see screenshot.
>
> What is the claiming about?
> ===========================
>
> Now some are claiming about GUI-change, what happens when there are a
> lot of actions etc. Please look in core list and read the thread
> [TYPO3-core] RFC: #9591: Integrate sys_actions into toolbar
>

> And now, discussion is open.

Hey Steffen,

I am all for it. Lets make that visible. That ofcourse leaves the question how
we could get that feature better visible in the backend. Now it is creating a
record from root, which is really more like an easter egg to me ;-) I would
suggest to get it better visible in the Functions module. That is the place
where that should reside.

gRTz

ben
--