[TYPO3-hci] RTE Location

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Jun 10 07:57:08 CEST 2008

Uschi Renziehausen kirjoitti:
> Heya :-)
>
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>
>>> the new tabs in 4.3 will remember users last open tab, so it returns
>>> to this tab.
>>
>> they already do that (since the dyntab menu exists I guess)!
>>

> It does not always help if the users last open tab is remembered,
> because this memory only lasts for one session. Thus, if you open up
> some CE after a good night's sleep you will be confronted with the
> 'General' TAB again, and I cannot be the only one who wants it to open
> in the 'Text' TAB when editing an existing CE.

that would need cookie handling and/or storing the data into database.
The latter needs in practise using serialized array, which can be easily
extended. BUT still there can't be difference between new record and
existing record because there is no method to handle this contextual.

Different content elements might have different tabs and needs a way to
handle situation, where the stored tab doesn't exist.

This might be quite a complex task to implement.