[TYPO3-hci] Constants Editor Enhancements

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Jan 11 13:16:33 CET 2008

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Segars schrieb:
> Hey Benni,
> Thanks for the feedback!
>>  Question: Does it save the information right away or do I have to
>> press "Update"? I can imagine that people could be confused, because
>> the edit field shows up right away and there they think it would save
>> right away too.
>
>>  OK, so either:
>>  * We save it right away when somebody presses "Enter" or leaves the
>> input field
>>  * Have a big label "Don't forget to save" at the top.
>>  * Have a small "Save" icon after every input field. I'd like that
>> the most.
>
> Right now it doesn't do any saving until the update button is clicked.
>
> My first thought was to do the save button for each field as you
> suggest, but I got some feedback that indicated it might be more
> confusing since there aren't other places in TYPO3 that save on a
> per-field basis like this.  I'm not sure what I think about it,
> because the automatic saving is standard for this type of field but
> the overall behavior isn't standard in TYPO3.

That's my feeling, too. And furthermore I think that automatic saving
data isn't a good solution - changes should always be stored on a
specific user-action (e.g. clicking an save-/update-botton, but not on
clicking an edit-button or leaving an input field).

Besides that: I'm very impressed about that! Please go ahead! +1

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/