[TYPO3-hci] Constants Editor Enhancements

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jan 10 22:21:37 CET 2008

Hey Benni,
Thanks for the feedback!
>  Question: Does it save the information right away or do I have to
> press "Update"? I can imagine that people could be confused, because
> the edit field shows up right away and there they think it would save
> right away too.

>  OK, so either:
>  * We save it right away when somebody presses "Enter" or leaves the
> input field
>  * Have a big label "Don't forget to save" at the top.
>  * Have a small "Save" icon after every input field. I'd like that
> the most.

Right now it doesn't do any saving until the update button is clicked.

My first thought was to do the save button for each field as you
suggest, but I got some feedback that indicated it might be more
confusing since there aren't other places in TYPO3 that save on a
per-field basis like this.  I'm not sure what I think about it,
because the automatic saving is standard for this type of field but
the overall behavior isn't standard in TYPO3.

Thanks,
Jeff