[TYPO3-hci] Status of records

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Sun Jan 6 14:17:43 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> normally the status of a record is shown with a special icon, e.g. if icon
> is hidden or if it has start/stop etc.
> It is difficult to show it in one icon if status is mixed with some of these
> properties.
>
> My proposal would be to show all state-icons at the top of the TCE-Form
> while edit.
> e.g. if you edit a page, show on top
> - hidden-icon if is hidden
> - clock icon if it has start/stop
> - user icon if it has user access
> - cache icon if it has no cache
> - subpage icon if it has flag extendToSubpages
>
> this would make it easy to see the flags visual
>
> Other records are less complicate if only three state flags are important.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> vg  Steffen

Wonderful.  The icons could link, albeit if the user has proper
permissions, to the section of the record to change the status
referenced by the icon.  The icon could have an CSM to change without
linking as well.  Oooh, what about a secondary CSM from the page tree
regarding status, considering permissions, allowing for quick changes
without actually viewing the record!  Rather than calling it 'flags'
though, I think 'status,' as suggested by Patrick G. is a more obvious
description.  In fact, a 'setRecordStatus' function could be interesting
for all sorts of 'short visual' applications. Oh boy, freakture/feature
creep is starting to set in.  I better go to sleep.  ;)  The morning,
and the girlfriend, may find me still awake and speaking geek on the
couch.  She used to think it was cute but I took advantage of that for
too long!  Good night list.  Amazing idea Steffen.  Cheers.

Johnny