[TYPO3-hci] new element wizard item "menu"

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Sun Jan 6 13:53:47 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> technically they are all menus. To seperate it from the "normal" Menus on a
> site a would propose
> "Special Menus"
> or
> "Special Page Menus"
>
> vg  Steffen

+1 for "Special Menus," or "Special Menu Displays." Regular users will
better understand this than most anything else that has been suggested
than something to stay clear of.  This would make sense and does not
seem so 'scary' to a regular user as 'Internal Linked List,' 'Site Map,'
or 'Menu Intra-page.'  No regular or uninformed user would ever select
such an option.  In fact, they would call me and take up my programming
time with awkward questions.

Steffen, 'Inline Menus' is scary for the normal editor.  They do not
understand that and will never use it unless we tell them in training
and even then, they will totally forget about it during normal usage.
The BE should be more intuitive and every laymen/non-programmer likes
'special' as it impresses the idea of adventure.  Let us not forget that
this particular element has a lot, A LOT, of possibilities so curiosity
for editors is key to usage.  Can we implement a more visual selection
than a drop-down list for this elements options?  Yes, and we should.

Anyhow, it's late.  +1 for Special Menus and good night.  I need to
spend more time on this list but as we all know, time is wickedly short.

Aloha Typoheads.

Johnny