[TYPO3-hci] Login Screen

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Apr 25 15:26:52 CEST 2008

Francois Suter schrieb:

> The main interested of  Smarty is its cache management

?!?! Smarty has many useful tags to render "field" and it's incredibly easy
to loop around tabular data. The caching thing is nice, but it's the
flexible way to create output that I like.

 > and I don't think it would be very useful
> for an application such as the TYPO3 backend. Furthermore it *is* quite
> painful to use and I think it would greatly complicate the construction
> of the backend. I have used Smarty in 2 applications a couple of years
> ago and my conclusion was that I don't want to use Smarty anymore :-)

I don't know what went wrong for you that you don't like. Probabyl just a
matter of taste. I know I'm not the only dev who loves Smarty, but I'm open
for an solution that doesn't use awward to use markees, allows for looping
construct within the templates, has conditions in the templates, etc, etc.

Masi