[TYPO3-hci] Login Screen

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Apr 25 14:50:31 CEST 2008

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> But the templateing stuff found in t3lilb and tslib is not nearly as
>> flexible as Smarty. Of course we could write one ourselves but why
>> should we?
>
> IMO we don't need a real template thing for 4.0 for the Backend (!) and
> especially not for the login which is just 4 form fields, some images
> and some text

We don't need it that much for the login screen, but we definitely need it
for a true rewrite for the BE when we want a real skinnuing API. There's so
much hard coded stuff that is neither easy to maintain nor flexible when it
comes to minor local changes.

At least we should try to use the MVC paradigm or any other means that
separates logic from output.

Masi