[TYPO3-hci] Login Screen

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 24 17:51:39 CEST 2008

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> The attached screenshot outlines the tables in this screen. The thing
> that strucks me most is the fact that there is no structure in it.

It is just default layout for such forms...

> In fact, I'm gonna fix this screen right now for 4.3.

Right now is not good in HCI ;) May be it should be discussed first? ;)

> I think there was a patch already in the list, plus Jens came up with a
> couple of good thoughts back then:
>
> * avoid using tables

<ignore-if-you-want>
I can't say that tables matter for me if final result looks good :) In my opinion this issue is overestimated a lot :)
</ignore-if-you-want>

> * use <noscript> so people with no JS get a big red message.

We can ignore it. You truly cannot use BE without JavaScript.

> * similar thing with Cookies would be quite cool :)

???

* * *

In general I would prefer to have ability to customize login screen from extensions using defined hook/API. This would be perfect.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team