[TYPO3-hci] Make wrapping in getDynTabMenu() more flexible (dividers2tabs)

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Wed Apr 16 14:22:05 CEST 2008

Hi!

I've just checked how the extension seminars (which I'm a developer of)
looks in TYPO3 4.2 and noticed that the dividers2tabs in the
seminar/event form are split into two rows.

That's nothing new in TYPO3 4.2 but with the layout stretched over the
whole screen width this looks not very good as there is still space on
the right side where the tabs in the second row could be placed.

I checked the code to see how this split is done and saw that this is
based on a maximum character count of 50.

I thought how this could be improved so this character count thing is no
longer needed and I came up with the idea of using a <ul> list instead
of a table (which is the current way it is realized).

It's just a quick and dirty hack but the tabs get now wrapped according
to the screen size and not by a character count. (see attached patch)

I just wanted to know what you think about my idea?

Greets,

Niels