[TYPO3-hci] Rewriting of T3 internal documentation

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Mar 24 16:13:49 CET 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Hi!
> Some nice hci idea.. What about better help texts? I just came across
> some not so nice text in the install tool:
> "String, semi-colon separated list: Defines one or more logging methods.
> Possible methods:
> "file" logs to a file, "mail" sends the log entries via mail, "syslog"
> uses the operating system's log, "error_log" uses the PHP error log. The
> level is the individual logging level (see [SYS][systemLogLevel].
> Facility may be one of LOCAL0..LOCAL7, USER (on Windows USER is the only
> valid type)."
>
> OK. Does anyone understand this technobabble? What to do, to use mails?
> from at test.xyz
> to at test.xyz
> Every message

Since this is my text, I'll answer. Yes better helps texts would be
nice. But there is limited space and we have no formatting options for
the installer help texts.

For now: suggest better texts
Future: Move on to an XML format where the help doen't have to be within
a PHP comment (as is it is now). Possibly with a localization option.

Masi