[TYPO3-hci] Rewriting of T3 internal documentation

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri Mar 23 23:24:31 CET 2007

Hi!
Some nice hci idea.. What about better help texts? I just came across
some not so nice text in the install tool:
"String, semi-colon separated list: Defines one or more logging methods.
Possible methods:
"file" logs to a file, "mail" sends the log entries via mail, "syslog"
uses the operating system's log, "error_log" uses the PHP error log. The
level is the individual logging level (see [SYS][systemLogLevel].
Facility may be one of LOCAL0..LOCAL7, USER (on Windows USER is the only
valid type)."

OK. Does anyone understand this technobabble? What to do, to use mails?
from at test.xyz
to at test.xyz
Every message

Do I have to use those [ and ] signs or do I have to remove them.. What
about that / and ,..? Doesn't make any sense to me.. Why isn't it
possible to use commands like
send a mail from test at abc.xyz to hi at def.xyz with everything
?
Would be so easier..