[TYPO3-hci] page lookup/search for element wizard (pages)

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Mar 12 16:14:21 CET 2007

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> As the number of pages might be quite large it'd be great if the page
> tree of the element wizard had a page lookup field (like the one in the
> bottom) frame.
>
> It should be possible to search in titles and subtitles. Maybe it makes
> sense to have a drop down to search in page translations. I'm not sure
> if we need a search in the page content as this is complex (think of TV)
> and I don't like searches where the list doesn't show all searched fields.
>
> Any comments?

Yes, I like the idea to have this in the element wizard popup. Besides
that it would be also great to have a general search functionality for
records only shown on the Web>List module. Only the label (as defined in
the "ctrl" section of the table's $TCA) and possibly some other defined
fields are considered to be searched. However, this will also be a
performance issue, because since TYPO3 4.1 it's possible to write an own
function for displaying a label ("label_userFunc").

But this would be enhancement for sites containing data of the same type
(e.g. events of a calendar extension) on different pages.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/