[TYPO3-hci] idea: windows style renaming of pages and elements (AJAX)

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 11 17:16:53 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> I am actually planning on writing a AJAX-in-place-renaming of page
> titles in the PageTree for 4.2. This will be, of course, fairly easier
> in terms of the permissions (if not possible, then it's not clickable)

I don't like not-clickable icons. If they are not clickable they should
be grayed out (or hidden).

And I wouldn't add icons to the page tree. We have already a context
menu, which could (and should) be used for that. Icons in the tree would
make it not very pleasing to the eye. My windows-like UI suggestions is
based on the idead that many users are familiar with that kind of interface.

Beware that the permissions may have changed since the last rendering of
the tree. So the return value of the AJAX call may deliver not the title
the user just entered.

> and the field name (only possible if the display name is the page title
> and not the nav_title or whatever) of course, these restrictions will
> change as soon as we have a good solution...

If you don't add icons but use may proposal of a long click the markup
may look like this:

So each span carries the name of the field and in case of a list of
fields you have multiple spans.

Now add the appropriate mouse events and you can change the correct field.

Masi