[TYPO3-hci] [TYPO3-t3skin] Two proposals for a new skin.

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Thu Jun 28 21:37:59 CEST 2007

Hi!
Corrado schrieb:
> The skins look interesting.
>
> 1) Have you considered compliance with accessibility standards for people
> who have impairments?
Me: Yes. Many others: Yes. Many more others: Where's ajax?!?
You know, it's difficult to design a graphical interface that is capable
of giving you the opportunity to use ajax functionality, drag and drop
_and_ accessibility at the same time. I have asked a couple of months
ago already but many people like to see feature rich and easy to use
applications more than something that is usable for only a few people
more easily. However: Some people (including me) have suggested to use a
general system that takes care of providing the information for the skin
via PHP or something similiar. The skin is then only added and can be
easily changed. So I would suggest to make a skin for most of the people
that is really easy to use for them and later on a skin that is making
usage of all the accessibility features computer enables us to provide
today. However: We should take care that this "later on" doesn't become
50 years after T3 5.0.

> 2) It would be important to offer an alternative to drop down dynamic menus
> to people who experience physical difficulties.
see above

> 3) The height of the toolbar should be carefully planned, because many
> people still work with 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 (especially in developing
> countries). For the same reason, we need a option to set the height of the
> toolbar.
I think it will be possible to hide the texts but I don't think that
it'll be possible to do so unless we use vector images on the server side.

> The toolbars work definitively better that the long menu on the left!
Yeah, but it can become problematic if the admin installs thousands of
extensions that bring own modules.

Greetings
Andreas